Initial ideas

I have considered many different genres for example; Pop, Indie, Country, Rock e.c.t. The genre I have chosen to go for is Pop. The reason for this being that the Pop industry will never die and I feel there will always be a place in the music industry for Pop. Another reason for selecting the Pop industry is that the target audience is the type of audience I wish to go for. I have seen multiple music video's of many different artist and i wish to create my music video that has some type of 'party' vibe. The reason for this is because I feel this is more attractive to a younger audience for example: teen's and early twenties. This is the type of audience i'm targeting as the younger generations tend to be more tech savvy which enables them to access the music video where ever they want and when ever they want. This will then ensure they success of my video as my target audience are able to watch the video when every they want meaning that accessing my video is going to be easier than ever now. I know that I am going to choose a Pop artist so this is perfect for the potential success of the video. I have also chosen what artist i am going to do and I have chosen Charli XCX - Famous. The reason I have chosen Charlie XCX is because she is a fairly new artist and i like her style of music. She commonly creates music that is very upbeat and party like. This is why I have chosen to use the song Famous because it is a very upbeat and 'party' tune. I have done this specifically as this will be more attractive to younger people as the younger generations typically enjoy partying. I feel the only things that i would need to consider, would be the contents and whats attractive to my target audience in the music video its self for example; bright colours, balloons, love interest e.c.t. The song famous is from the album Sucker which is Charli XCX's third album that has been able to get her recognised for her music, this album was released in 2014.



I have also got inspiration from Demi Lovato's latest song 'Sorry Not Sorry'. This music video is set in a house party which makes the song more attractive to younger audiences and also adds a sense of being outrageous which is what the song Famous suggest the artist is doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knowledge of Music Videos

Plans for Digipak

Music Video Target Audiences