Mock Magazine Advert


We were put in groups again for this activity however, we were put with different people this time. We were given a different artist or band to consider for creating their promotion in a magazine advert. We were given the girl group 'LunaChicks'. This is when we had to go off in our groups and create their magazine advert. One we found the picture of our group, we thought that we would create a pretty simple but to the point advert. We started this by getting a simple picture of our girl band and digitally altering the photo so the girls were closer together. We did this because the picture we taken at a landscape angle. Because we were creating a magazine advert we had to make the photo landscape without loosing the quality and the style of the photo. To achieve this we decided to use Photoshop to put the girls behind each other to create a landscape feel. We felt that this was all of the imagery we wanted to include in this advert. Then we use a font that we feel best suited the LunaChicks style and genre, because they are a group in the Pop industry we also had the consider that when we were creating the advert. This is were we got the idea to incorporate a type of style writing that would be attractive for their target audience.
I have learnt that when creating a magazine advert to make sure that the advert is portrait and NOT landscape. I have also learnt that a lot of consideration goes into a 'simple' magazine advert for it to be a successful promotion method. Lastly, I have learnt that a lot of important information needs to be on the magazine advert as well.

This is going to help when creating my own magazine advert for my band/artist. This is going to help me because I'm able to see what a successful magazine advert should look like. This activity also allows we to learn from my mistakes and also taught me that in order to create a successful magazine advert and use it as beneficial promotion method, I need to take my time and incorporate the most important information.           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knowledge of Music Videos

Plans for Digipak

Music Video Target Audiences